Thursday, August 20, 2015

Moses Lake's Cascade Park

We got a fairly decent start this morning. I knew that the checking time at the Moses Lake Park wasn't until noon and we didn't have to leave the Ellensburg KOA until eleven.

But by the time we put everything away, emptied both the grey and black tanks, pulled in the slides, lifted the jacks and hooked up the car, the morning was almost gone.

It was an easy ninety-some miles down I-90 to Exit 176 and off Broadway towards the park. I don't know where the RV's GPS thought the address was, but it tried very hard to send us in the opposite direction! She kept telling us, "when possible, make a legal U-turn!" It's a good thing we knew where we were going, hard telling where we might have ended up.

We missed "the immediate left turn" just past the park entrance and ended up in a parking lot on the other side. Fortunately, the parking lot was big and empty and we were able to easily turn around. We got to the RV site portion of the part and while we were trying to figure out where Site 46 was, the Park Ranger came along in her golf cart and told us that we'd never fit in that tiny site! (Even though the young man I had talked to on the phone had assured me it would be perfect for us.)

She led us around to the other portion of the RV area and had us set-up in Site 76, which I guess, is normally part of a Group Campsite. Instead of backing in, Forry parked us nose-in facing the lake. I had to run the electric and water around to the other side of the RV, but with the new cord we got in Arizona, I had enough to not need to hook up our extra cord. There are no sewer connections here, but we have large holding tanks, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I had picked up a mixed half flat of blueberries and blackberries at Haggens in Mount Vernon the other day. They were pretty tart when I tried them today, so I decided to make a mixed berry pie.. I had the cucumber and sweet onions with sour cream I had made yesterday, so we had those along with some chicken wings for supper. Forry had his warm pie with ice cream, so he was a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment