Friday, August 14, 2015

Journey to Mount Vernon

I woke up during the night to the sound of rain on Auntie Violet's roof. It continued the whole time we were draining tanks, pulling in slides, disconnecting water and electricity and hooking up Toad II. In fact, it rained, sometimes hard, sometimes more showery, all day today as we drove up I-5 through Tacoma, Seattle and Everett to Mount Vernon and Daughter Mary Mae's house.

It's not that the West doesn't need rain, it needs it desperately! But, I'm not sure it had to pick a moving day! By the time we got set up at MM and Scott's, I was drenched. Thank goodness Scott and  Grandson Varick were there to haul the heavy electric cords over to the end of their house where the 50 amp hook-up is.

I had seen Varick earlier this Spring when he came with his Mom to Granddaughter Havela's Hesston College concert, so I knew how tall he has gotten. But, I haven't seen Granddaughter Claire since last summer. She's definitely not a little girl anymore! She's got her Mama's eyes and hair and is a lovely girl with a personality to match. I'm looking forward to seeing her tomorrow night in NW Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I just hope the outdoor performance doesn't get cancelled due to the rain like the one tonight did!

Scott and I made an executive decision, took the gkids and Forry and met Mary Mae downtown after work at a place called Tequila and Tacos. The tacos were delicious - the taco truck kind and Forry highly approved their margaritas (the sangria was awfully goo too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment