Monday, August 24, 2015

Smokey, Hazy Day

It's funny, but the only nice clear lovely day this week was Saturday, the evening of my Niece  Ashley's wedding. The days before and after have been hazy and smoke filled. Today was no different. As I look across the lake, the house and other buildings are indistinct in the haze.

We spent a quiet day today. Daughter Mary Mae was able to take care of some banking for us when she got the mail, so I was able to take care of some stuff on this end. I do love on-line check depositing - it greatly simplifies my life!

I went ahead and ordered some Simply Human bags for the three waste cans.  I had them sent to General Delivery in Cheney. Hopefully they will arrive there about the same time we do.

I'd like to do some laundry, but it can wait until we leave as well as there are no sewer hook-ups here so we are conserving water. There is a dump station near the park exit.

We did get the new smoke detector put up that we got at Lowes the other day. It's not the Kidde brand that the previous one was. This one not only has an obnoxious sound, but also a verbal warning to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment