Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Aqua Hot Servicing

I noticed yesterday that I had no hot water. Even after I ran it for a bit, it just didn't even get warm. Usually, it gets almost too hot very quickly. Forry talked about seeing if we could get a mobile repairman out to the campground. But I wondered if maybe our Aqua Hot was low on the boiler antifreeze that it uses again.

We went out to check on it this afternoon. It's in a bay on the driver's side of the coach. Sure enough, the low fluid level light was on, though the overflow tank in the front was still more than half full. It was no where near the low level line. Anyway, Forry worked at getting the cap, located, of course, in the way back behind a bunch of lines, off. It's in a really awkward space to get at. I got a glass measuring cup from the kitchen and we added almost an entire gallon of the pink stuff to it. Last time it had been low, we had purchased a couple extra gallon jugs of the special boiler anti-freeze.

I was very relieved to see the " low level" light go out and even happier to have hot water again when I turned on the spigot in the kitchen! I spent a bit of time after we finished up doing some cleanup in that bay. They get so dusty from traveling.

The forecast called for possible rain showers today, but we didn't see any. There were lots of dark grey clouds going by, but not of them stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment