Saturday, September 5, 2015

RAIN!

It began to rain during the night last night. It rained steadily all night long. Every time I roused a bit, I could hear the raindrops on our metal roof. There were puddles outside when I got up this morning. From what I have read and heard, it sounds like the rain was very general across eastern Washington. And it is so sorely needed! Hopefully, it will finally truly slow those awful fires down and allow the firefighters some needed respite.

I had planned to.make iced tea this morning for my friends who were coming to lunch, but decided that hot tea would be much more appropriate for the damp chilly day. I thought about changing my plans to make crab salads for lunch, maybe do soup instead, but decided no. Forry organized our stash of recyclables to take over to the Waste to Energy place as they do not recycle here. He went from there over to nearby Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge where he spent the afternoon while I had some "girl time."

My former AHEC colleagues Helen and Cathi came out for lunch and an afternoon of chatting. While we were discussing yesterday what restaurant we should meet at for lunch, it occurred to me that neither of them had ever seen our RV. So I invited them to come here instead of going out. I'm so glad they did! We had a lovely visit - there's no way would have been able to stay in a restaurant from 11:30 in the morning until four in the afternoon!

And it's starting to rain again...

No comments:

Post a Comment