Sunday, September 27, 2015

Lunar Eclipse

As a culture,  I think we pride ourselves on being pretty educated, enlightened people. Way beyond the superstitions of the past. But, I have been amused at first, then appalled by the hype around tonight's eclipse of the moon. I think it really took me aback when the Mormon Church made an official announcement telling their people not to be "taken in" by the harbingers of doom this week!

I have heard the stories about the juxtaposition of a so-called Super Moon or Blood Moon with the eclipse as being the beginning of the end of the world; or the warning of earthquakes, volcanoes etc....

Along with many other folks here at Pier 4 RV Resort, we have been popping outside all evening to watch the eclipse. There is a great deal of ambient light in the area, so it has not been as bright as it is in other areas where it is darker. I've seen some great pictures on Facebook this evening.

By the time we arrived out at Menno for church this morning, the crew had the big tent for next Saturday's Mennonite Country Auction already up. I think they started at 8 o'clock this morning. The Fellowship Hall is full of plates, napkins, and all sorts of other items in preparation for the food booths. It's coming quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment