Monday, September 14, 2015

Errand Day

I had to get a check in the mail to the IRS today. I had it ready last week, but we never got to the post office. It's one of the required quarterly estimated tax payments and it needed to be postmarked today.  We went into Cheney to the Post Office. It's an older building that was repainted earlier this year. It really looks nice.

When we had that done, we needed to go over to Banner Bank to deposit the check we had picked up at Farm a Credit last week. We debated about going through the drive through, but I decided i's just go inside. I had the check signed and the deposit slip filled out, so it should just take a minute. I walked in. There was a man waiting and another at the teller window. There were two tellers talking to the man at the window. One of them looked at me and said she'd be right with me. A few more minutes and then they counted out some money and gave the man a slip of paper. Then the three of them chatted and giggled and chatted some more.

Finally, he left and the other man went to the window. I don't know if one of the women was being trained? But, both young women stayed at the one window. I don't know how complex his transaction was, but it took forever. I didn't look at the time right away, but when I finally did, I clocked eleven minutes! And they were still talking - and laughing!

When he finally left and I was waved over, the woman said, "thank you for your patience."

I wasn't very nice. I just handed her the check and deposit slip and said, "I should have gone to Spokane."

No comments:

Post a Comment