Friday, December 18, 2015

A Lovely Day

What a lovely day it was today! We finally had a nice warm day. I hope it lasts for a while. We finally went outside and shook the large rug outside by the patio. It was full of little leaves from the mesquite tree that been driven off by the wind and rain of the last couple of weeks.

Forry drove over to get the mail and came back with two big boxes. The Lehman family had sent us a Christmas gift from Omaha Steak. The boxes were packed with dry ice and were full of steak, chicken breasts, pork chops, sausages, meat balls, hamburger patties and sausages. There was still dry ice in the bottom of the styrofoam boxes. The meat was frozen so solid it actually hurt my fingers when I was putting it away. My little freezer is stuffed!

Daughter Dawn called just as I was putting the meat away. Then Grandaughter Havela called as well. I was able to remember how to add a caller and we had a three way call. Great granddaughter Kahlyn was babbling away as well, so Havela said we were having a four generation call...

I made spaghetti for supper using some of the meatballs - it was really good! Forry likes meatballs which are something I never make.

No comments:

Post a Comment