Friday, December 11, 2015

Errands

It was cloudy and dark this morning and only 68 degrees. It looked - and felt - for while like we were going to get rain, but it only threatened.

We went into the Fountain Hills Posr Office this afternoon to mail off cards for Son Sean and the Lehman family. When we got there, the line to the office was out the door, but no one was using the automatic machine. I had just gotten started with the priority mail for my stuff when a rather impatient lady came in and started querying me about how long I was going to be? Then she wanted know if I had change for a twenty as she only wanted to send ten dollars in her card. When she found out I only had twenties as well and that the automatic machine did not give change or take cash, she huffed and stomped off to get in the office line.The line must have been moving fast as I was just finishing my last package when she came back out. I think it cheered her up when she realized she would have still been waiting if she'd been able to use the automatic machine.

I had the postage on everything when I realized that I hadn't brought a pen in with me to address them. I was going back out to the car when a young postal employee who was restocking the envelopes and boxes, asked me what I needed. She promptly fished a pen out of her pocket for me, apologizing that the pen on the center table had "disappeared" again.

From the Post Office we headed over to Safeway to get groceries. Got that done and then went up a block to Papa John's and got a Bacon Bacon pizza to take home to bake for supper..

No comments:

Post a Comment