Thursday, December 10, 2015

Busy Day at Home

The tanks were both full, so the first task I had this morning was to get them drained. By the time I got that done, had my first cup of coffee and got the paper read, Forry was up as well. We got a call from Gene's RV Mobile Service saying he had the parts to connect the dishwasher and would be out in the afternoon. The new kitchen faucet we got last summer didn't have the right kind of spout to attach the water and discharge lines to. Gene was able to figure out a way to cut into the hot water line and put a shutoff valve in. It took a couple of hours of work, but I now have a working dishwasher again.

Before all this was going on, I was talking with Lois at Schmidt Insurance trying to get the ranch liability insurance taken care of. Because she also writes health insurance, she's been very busy with the Medicare deadline and hadn't yet gotten it taken care of. We spent quite a bit of time on the phone getting that done

The next task was getting the Christmas cards and checks for the kids and gkids taken care of. We'll go into the post office in Fountain Hills and send them off in a Priority Mail envelope for each family. There's less chance of having them stolen that way (We've had that happen, unfortunately.).

Next on my "To Do List" was to get our 4th Quarter Estimated Tax payment off to the IRS. I also stuck a tip in the self-addressed Christmas card the newspaper delivery guy had left for us. I wrote a note in it once more asking him to "please, please, please leave the newspaper outside our front door instead on the back side!" Since we are parked with our front window facing the river valley instead of backed in like most of the rigs, I don't think he realizes where he's tossing it...

The final task was to call Bobby at Kustom Coachworks in Oregon to have him tell me how to get the TV back on the right input again. (This time I wrote it down!) He said it had been raining hard in Junction City, almost coming down sideways. At least we got the TV working again so that we could continue watching the National Rodeo Finals in Las Vegas tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment