Sunday, December 6, 2015

That Lonesome Cow...

For the fourth morning in a row, I've seen that one lonesome cow make her way along the fence and then down into the draw. She occasionally lows sort of sadly, but nothing responds to her. We're thinking that the Apaches rounded up the cattle that were here when we first arrived and somehow this cow got left behind. It's very unusual to see a lone cow as they are very much herd animals. The only time we used to see one of our cows go off by herself is when she was calving.

It was quite breezy this morning, though fairly warm. As the day went by it started to cloud over. I even thought I felt a drop or two of rain when we went out for our walk. I think we're getting a bit of the storm that has swept from the Pacific Ocean into the Pacific Northwest and is coming down south. Washington State is supposed to get over a foot of snow in the Cascade Mountains tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure glad we are not there!

I got busy this afternoon and thinned out some files. A few of them had gotten so fat, I couldn't hardly fir anything more in that long drawer.i cleared out some paperwork from 2009! Stuck some sweet potatoes in the oven tonight along with a pork roast. It was just a chilly enough evening to make it a good choice for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment