Thursday, May 14, 2009

50 Years?

It's hard to believe we've been married that long! If pressed, I'd say it's more like ten or twenty. But then, if I had to add up all of the things we've done and the joys and sorrows we've shared, I'd say it was more like a hundred!

We celebrated today in the same way we function most days. We drove about sixteen miles to a nearby Wildlife Park (Forry tried to tell me it was as good as my dream of going to Africa...) and drove through the 600+ acres.
It was fun to see all of the various critters wandering around. We made the tour once, stopped to get some ice cream, then drove it again. The animals, which were mostly sleeping on our first go-round, were a great deal more active the second time.
We got back to camp in time for a short nap, a dip in the hot tub -- but I did swim a few laps first -- then showered and got ready to go out to dinner. (I had to wear the pretty opal earrings Forry got me...!) We had made reservations at the Camas Room and was it ever nice! We had fresh green salads with Balsalmic vinegar dressing and local goat cheese, then seared scallops with lime rice, plus a very nice bottle of Fume' Blanc. The resort comped us with cheescake for dessert.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! 50 years! That's so wonderful! Your pictures take me back to Bear Country, which I miss. They didn't have camels, though. Where is this wildlife park you went through? Is it the one near Roseburg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wildlife Safari near Roseburg. They had both the Bactrian camels and the others -- I remember the name, but not which one is one humped and which ones are two humped..

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another wow - 50 years thats great - congrats.

    ReplyDelete