Friday, May 8, 2009

One Last Friday

One last Friday here in Dulzura and that's it!

We spent a good share of the day taking Franzie (the new project director) and Dorothy around to all of the houses we've done and the ones we're working on. It was an interesting day -- lots of hugs and good-byes. We met Robin (Regional Recovery Coordinator) and Mel (California MDS rep) at Janet's Cafe for lunch, then went to the bank with Mel to get Franzie's name on the signature card for the bank.

Tonight the homeowners of House #4 invited us to join them for dinner at the Barrett Corner Cafe. We had never been in the back part of the restaurant before -- it's got rows of long tables and many interesting pictures. I had some really good pulled pork while Forry enjoyed a bbq burger. I wish I would remember to take my camera when we go out to eat -- it would be fun to share.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have had the chance previously to try the fish fry @ the Barrett Cafe...delish!

    ReplyDelete