Monday, May 18, 2009

A Quiet Day Today...

Even though I had to get going early for a 7:15 AM conference call for the Mennonite Church USA Executive Director Search Committee, I had a pretty quiet day. Forry went into Ritzville to sign some long-overdue papers for the Farm Services Agency. We have just got to get Daughter MM on a power of attorney for the ranch so that she can sign this stuff off as soon as it comes in the mail!

I spent most of the day doing laundry and found myself most annoyed at the state of my shirts. It seems like all of the ones I usually save for "good" need to be moved into the "everyday" drawer! I don't know why I think they should stay nice-looking forever... maybe because I really dislike clothes shopping?

We had some interesting visitors in the coulee yesterday morning:




There didn't used to be deer in this part of eastern Washington, but after twenty plus years of conservation programs that have promoted miles of grasslands, they've gotten very common. Our tenant Jeff has even seen a moose in the coulee!



This was the view from Auntie Violet's living room window this evening:


2 comments:

  1. So I have been wondering - what is the difference between "good" and "everyday" t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's easy -- would Sharla let you wear an "everyday" one to town -- out in public?

    ReplyDelete