Monday, May 11, 2009

From Desert to Fertile Valleys...

Today we traveled out of the desert areas of California into the fertile irrigated valleys. We saw many signs that said, "Food Grows Where Water Flows." I suppose they are in reaction to water rationing (you can only water your lawns twice a week...) in the cities who then complain about all the water going to farms.


From desert:


To mountain pass wind farms,



To juniper forests,


To fruit trees,


and vinyards:


All as we travled north on Hwy 99. We stopped to get diesel and saw this load of lovely red onions:
We stopped near Delhi, California at the Merced River RV Resort this afternoon about four pm and I immediately took a nap. I had only driven a couple hours of the trip, but I was tired! I think the past 2 1/2 months are finally catching up with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment