Saturday, May 9, 2009

And One Last Saturday

I was going to try to sleep in this morning, but Forry was up and showering at six, so I figured there was no hope!
He spent most of his day showing the houses to the long-termers who arrived last night; telling and showing the new "go-fer" where to shop; explaining how the septic system and LP gas tanks worked; and finally going with me to the Costco store in Chula Vista. We haven't had to cook at home for two months, so really needed to stock up on groceries. I still need to run into Rancho San Diego in the morning to pick up eggs, milk and orange juice -- since Costco's quantities are way too much for just two people.
We stopped by House #5 before we left to get a picture of our friends. I am quite ticked -- the battery on my camera went dead after I snapped just one picture! I got Hector to take off his hat so that we could see his face, but then my camera just up and died!

They are standing on the hill just above where the house is being built. Edith and a friend were busy planting ice plants on the slope down to the house and Hector was installing a sprinkler system. We're certainly not going to have to worry about landscaping on this house!
This picture is from yesterday. It's taken at House #4 with Elmer, the inspector, checking out the rough-in for inspection. The fellow on the right is Jon, the 19 year old who has been here since January who has done most of the framing, He's going to stay on for another month, so he'll be as much of a help to the new folks as he was to us.l
We're going to try to get a fairly early start in the morning -- but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment: