Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Auntie Violet is Getting Restless...

She is anxious to get on the road again! She has been rather neglected since we're been in California and is quite dusty and cluttered. I started cleaning and sorting in the bedroom this morning and she became very aware we were thinking about heading back to Washington soon. I threw the blanket, bedspread and rugs into the big washer here at camp and got all of the mirrors in the bathroom and bedroom cleaned. It's a start anyway!


The new director should be arriving tomorrow afternoon. We'll spend a couple of days getting him oriented and then try to start back to Washingon on Sunday morning.


While Forry went into Santee and El Cajon this morning to pick up the proper circuit breakers, plus the foundation vents and insulation for House #4, I spent the morning transcribing my notes from the past 2 1/2 months on the computer for Franzie, the new director. Ken, our construction supervisor, had also left a sheaf of notes, so transition may be a little easier for the next guy.
Here's a couple more of the blooming cacti that we've been seeing:



I've always been jealous of Sister Dena getting to see all of the cacti in bloom when they are in Arizona, but I seem to be getting my chance this year. We see more of them in bloom every day and I have really been enjoying them. Even if my friend Robin calls them "weeds"....

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels. Looking forward to a reunion lunch once you get here.

    ReplyDelete