Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Think I'll Keep Him...!

Some of the really neat things about Sundance, Utah are the artisan shops and classes that they have there. They have classes in water color, oil painting, pottery, beading, photography, fly fishing, yoga and silver-smithing as well as activities such as hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.


The bad thing about doing the facilitation for the Health Sector Assembly is that I don't get to participate in any of that! They're going on during sessions and while we are writing the paper on Saturday afternoon.
I keep saying that "the next time around I'm going to come back as a spouse!" I think the first time I ever thought that was the first time we were in New Orleans many years ago for a National Rural Health Association convention. I was stuck in meetings while Forry and the other spouses took a tour of New Orleans mansions -- and actually had lunch in one of them!


It's especially bad at Sundance as many of the same folks have been coming for several years and the spouses have gotten to know each other well -- and the ladies all know Forry! He's usually greeted with questions about what he's going to be making this year and they all start comparing plans.


I must admit though, that I've had the pleasure of recieving the results of some of Forry's projects in the past -- and this year was not an exception. Actually, the ring he made this year for me is very, very nice!



He chose a very interesting green sriped stone that he set in silver and sized to fit my middle finger. It is gorgeous!
I think I'll keep him....

No comments:

Post a Comment