Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Painful Night, Quiet Day

I was restless when we went to bed last night, tossed and turned, couldn't find a comfortable spot etc. Then about two am my incision area started to hurt and I had pain all down the left leg (the side that didn't hurt before surgery...) into the calf. I quickly took some pain meds, then in an hour took some more along with the muscle relaxant, got all caught up with what I could legally take. Didn't seem to even faze it. Finally called the on-call doc for the Ortho group about six AM. He didn't seem to think there was anything more that I could do and suggested that I wait until the office staff arrived at 8 AM and call again.

Managed to get back into bed, but at an angle and didn't want to move again. Poor Forry ended up sleeping the rest of the night on the couch as there was no room for him in the bed...

Finally talked with Dr. Powers, ruled out anything having gone wrong with the surgery area or incision. He suggested that today should be a VERY quiet day and that I keep the pain meds up to maximum dosage all day. So that's what I've done. It was easy to sleep a lot because I hadn't slept much last night. Might not be as easy tonight. I feel as I've turned my nights and days around.

Pastor Terry stopped by on his way from Spokane for a short visit. Bonnie and Terry were going to bring the babies by after work, but they all woke up with snotty noses and (thankfully!) decided I didn't need to be exposed to colds, so they're going to try again next week..

1 comment:

  1. Does not sound like a fun night. Hope you do not have any more like that. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete