Friday, October 2, 2009

So Far, So Good

The booths are all set up, the signs are all hanging, the change is all counted and ready to go. All of the fencing to steer crowds is up, the outhouses and dumpsters are in place. All is in readiness for tomorrow and the Mennonite Country Auction (www.mennonitecountryauction.mennonite.net).

This afternoon we headed for the church about 4 PM and helped unpack and set up the office. Cleon has gotten all of the auction lists copied and ready to go; I've got the auction number tags ready; and Sarah took the list home so that she she could make out the sale slips.

It started to get chilly when the sun went down and by the time dinner was ready for all of the workers, it was just plain cold! I had tucked my cap and gloves into my jacket pocket and I was VERY glad to have them! Diane and crew had fixed pulled pork sandwiches (fresh buns from the Hutterite colony), coleslaw, baked beans (the ones I helped mix up yesterday), and a choice of chocolate or yellow cake for dessert.

I think we're all ready to go -- just need to get into a warm bed and sleep fast. It'll be early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment