Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tomorrow Is Surgery Day

At long last, my back surgery is finally scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9 AM at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. We have to be there at 7:30 AM to check-in, but I've already had three phone calls from various pre-admission people, two from the admissions office and one from a nurse.

Dr. Powers said that the surgery would probably last 4-5 hours, so I have a feeling there will not be any postings to my blog for a day or so...

Yesterday I went to be fitted for the brace I am going to have to wear for the next eight weeks. If nothing else, I should have better posture when it's over! I realized after trying it on, that I cannot fasten my jeans over it. This afternoon Forry stopped by Costco to pick me up a couple of pairs of sweat pants with elastic waists. After all, I don't think it's a good idea to try to leave the hospital without trousers!

1 comment:

  1. praying that all will go well during and after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete