Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Major Laundry Day

Daughter Mary Mae had to go to work this morning and the g-kids don't start school until tomorrow, so I said I would stay with the kids today. I had been wanting to do some major laundry -- my bedspread and the throw rugs are a bit much for the Splendide washer/dryer combination in Auntie Violet.


MM had recently got a new front-loading washer and dryer -- they are huge! Especially compared to my little Splendide. Since I was going to be spending the day at her house, I had Forry carry over the rest of the laundry as well.


As long as I was there, I decided to pull a chuck roast out of the freezer and make pot roast for dinner. I added the usual carrots, onions and potatoes, then added some chunks of the squash G-daughter Claire picked out at the fruit stand the other day. It's been another overcast, dark, showery day -- a perfect day to fix comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment