Monday, September 27, 2010

Washington State Veterans Cemetery

We've been seeing new road signs near the turn-off to Ponderosa Pines RV Park for the Washington State Veterans Cemetery. I had remembered seeing an article earlier last spring in the Spokane paper (on my Kindle) about the dedication of this new cemetery. Being the curious souls that we are, we went to take a look. Once again, I didn't have my camera with me because we had only gone into Group Health to get our flu shots... These pictures were taken with my iPhone.

The cemetery is located on the other side of West Medical Lake. It is HUGE! I have no idea how far in the future they have planned and built for, but it covers several acres. This eagle is one of two matching ones at the gate.



As you can sort of see from this photo, there are already several graves with the same kind of markers we've seen at Arlington.




Today was a loose-ends day. We got our flu shots, filled a prescription, got the new lenses for my glasses, and made a Costco stop as well as one at Dry Fly distillery. When we got back to the RV park, Forry emptied both the gray and black tanks. Tonight we took Son Sean out to dinner at IHOP. So, I think we are pretty much ready to move down to the ranch tomorrow in preparation for the Mennonite Country Auction on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment