Monday, September 8, 2014

A Trip to Town

We went into Cheney this afternoon to pick up the box of mail that Daughter Mary Mae had sent. It was a pretty full box, it had been a while. I'm not sure which of her family to thank for the mail. It was definitely not her handwriting -- or spelling -- on the box! Most of the mail was receipts and bills we had already taken care of, plus lots of  letters and notices from Group Health about the medical stuff we dealt with this summer. There was also a fairly large bunch of magazines and ads. The political stuff is just beginning. I don't relish the amount of junk mail yet to come this fall.

It had been a bit since I had been to the grocery store, so I ended up with a cart full. You can again tell the season is changing. There were lots of sweet potatoes and squash. No pumpkins yet or concord grapes. Concords are my favorites, but I only find them in the grocery stores every couple of years. Lots of peaches, nectarines and plums and even some sweet cherries from Canada on the shelves.

I picked up a take and bake pizza at the grocery store, so that's what we had for supper. By the time we get the groceries all into the RV and put away (my most disliked chore!), we are usually both tired and I'm not much in the mood to cook, so that works out well. Time to settle in and watch the Mariners game.

No comments:

Post a Comment