Sunday, September 7, 2014

Just Hangin' Out

We did have an extremely lazy day today. I suggested I could make pancakes for breakfast, but Forry thought he'd rather have waffles. I had actually forgotten that he had bought a rotating Belgian waffle maker two or three years ago. Sure enough, he dug it out from under the couch! (Oops, that's one other place I haven't gone through yet! From the dust on the waffle maker, I think it needs it...) I wonder what else is under there? And what else I might stash there?

The whole grain mix I had bought a couple of weeks ago actually had a recipe that only needed water added to make some really good waffles. I warmed some maple syrup and fried up some little pork sausages and we had quite a feast.

The Mariners played their fourth game in Texas this afternoon. After winning the first three, they just couldn't pull off a sweep, though the score ended up 1-0. 

We spent part of the evening watching the PBR (Professional Bull Riders) who were in Nashville this weekend. It was so nice to see an American win this one. I guess I'm biased, but I just can't bring myself to root for those arrogant Brazilians...!

No comments:

Post a Comment