Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Finally!

It's 1:30 am and I am finally in my room at the Westin Hyatt Crown Plaza in Kansas City. I used to stay here a lot in my National Rural Health Association days. (NRHA had a contract with Hyatt). The old girl has had a lovely spruce-up in her lobby, but she is showing her age in the rooms.

It's been a very long day. My 10:10 flight had still not arrived nor left when I took an alternate flight at 1:30. But I had missed my connection in Salt Lake City to Kansas City, so had to hang around until  8 pm. That flight was late leaving as the pilots were coming in on another flight two gates down the concourse. We watched them walk off that plane and onto ours. Poor guys didn't even get to go to the john

Finally arrived in KC about quarter to twelve. Of course, my gate was at one end of the terminal and the Super Shuttle was at the other. But, they were there! I had called ahead with the flight change..

Got to the hotel and a rather slow desk clerk took forever to check me in - at least they didn't cancel my room reservation as it was now after midnite. Sent me finally up to 1510 which turned out to be one of those business suites - living room, dining area, bar, etc. but NO bed. It did look like ther might be a Murphy bed, but it was on the wall behind a big couch and coffee table.

I called downstairs and the guy acted surprised. Finally said he would find my another room and send someone up with a key. A HALF HOUR later, a bellman showed up with the keys to another room. I had been sitting in that rather cold room trying to stay awake -- didn't even want to use the bathroom and mess it up...

Oh well, I don't have to get up early as the meeting doesn't start until after lunch. Hopefully, I can sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment