Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Emptier Living Room!

There is a great deal more room in Auntie Violet's living room tonight! We loaded up the five bags of clothing, bags and miscellaneous stuff that we have cleaned out of closets and cupboards the last few weeks. I have tried to be ruthless in my sorting and I am positive that in the future I will be lamenting about some of the items I have given away. (Though I did notice that there were some things missing after Forry had reviewed the discards...)

We had a bit of time after we dropped everything off at Goodwill, so went on over to Costco to pick up some seafood. I had been pretty focused on red meat when we were there last week, so wanted to pick up some shrimp and some scallops. My! Scallops have gotten EXPENSIVE! I paid a little over forty dollars for a 2.5 pound bag. I like to coat them with panko crumbs, saute them in lime olive oil, then finish them off with white wine. After I remove the scallops from the pan, I reduce the wine down to make a thickened sauce -- so good!

We went to pick up Son Sean at his apartment complex. He was waiting outside for us, anxious to go out to dinner. (I think he may have run out of money before he ran out of month...) We went over to Chili's out on Third Avenue just off of Division. It's been a while since we've been there, but the food was good. Forry and I only are half of our plates (Forry had beef rib enchiladas while I had chicken), so Sean has plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow. He says he likes to go out to eat with us as "you guys never clean your plates!"

No comments:

Post a Comment