Saturday, September 13, 2014

OK, It Is Saturday

All day, it's Saturday, Okay?

Though it was a very quiet day. Forry started watching football first thing this morning. Daughter Dawn called late morning and we had a nice long visit with her. Since she works full-time and there is always something going on with the teens  and with the church, she's  usually pretty busy and often gets interrupted. This morning, she was alone -- except for that puppy -- and had lots of time to chat until she had to get ready to go to a wedding.

I looked at want is left to clean. It's all Forry's drawers and one upper cupboard, so he needs to be involved. With all of the games today, I didn't even suggest it. We are pretty much out of fresh fruit and vegetables, but I found half a head of a small cabbage in the back of the drawer. I sliced it up thinly and dropped it into a pot of very salty boiling water. I only left it  long enough for it came back to a boil, then drained it and dotted it with butter. It was still a bit crunchy when I served it with our baked potatoes and grilled steak. Cabbage fixed this way is one of Forry's favorites, but I haven't fixed it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment