Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back to Town

Forrest had a follow-up appointment today with the Pulmonary doctor who set up his original sleep test. Dr. Elmer had the output from the card from the CPAP machine that we had taken to Apria a couple of weeks ago to be read and seemed to be extremely pleased with the results. I understand that the insurance companies require that the machine be used at least four hours per night to be paid for under Medicare. Since the card indicated that Forry has been using it eight to nine hours per night, that certainly is not a problem. The original sleep study showed that he was having as many as 70+ apnea episodes an hour without CPAP, so there is no doubt it has been a good thing. Dr. Elmer asked that Forry to have the card read again in about a month, but that he didn't need to be seen again for a year to year and a half (depending on what our next summer's schedule looks like).

While we were in the waiting room, I got an email from Jeff, our farm tenant, with the email address of his agent for federal crop insurance. We had decided earlier that it would be better if we switched and used the same agent Jeff did. That way there would be no problem identifying acreage and planting. Shannon, the agent, said she would be in her office until four this afternoon, if we wanted to come there and sign the necessary papers. Shannon's office is out in Airway Heights and we were there by three. So, now that task is taken care of.

I paid a few bills this morning that came in yesterday's batch of mail, then discovered I had used my last stamp. So we made a stop at the Post Office in Airway Heights. I had also used up my packet of "Forever" stamped business size envelopes, so wanted to get a packet of those as well. The other post offices I had bought them at had sold them in packets of 25 or 50. This clerk seemed quite surprised and told me she had never sold anything but a single envelope at a time -- and she only had six in her drawer! She went in the back and came back with a handful. Said she could let me have twenty of them. That will last me most of a year, so I was glad to get them as well as some neat bird commemorative Forever stamps. (The Forever stamps are guaranteed to be good, no matter how much the price may have gone up before they are used.)

No comments:

Post a Comment