Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Getting Stuff Done

Today was a day for making phone calls and getting some stuff done and out of the way. We've decided to move back to Peaceful Pines for two weeks when our two week stay here is done. I called and made arrangements to get site 14 again. I will be gone during part of that time for an Executive Board meeting in Kansas City, so Forry will be there by himself. From there we will move down to the ranch a couple of days before the Mennonite Country Auction and Sale so that I can help Diane and Cleon on the Friday before.

Next I called Eagle View RV Resort in Fort McDowell, Arizona and paid the last of the deposit for our winter stay. Our reservation actually starts on October 1st, but we will most likely not arrive until mid-month. Sandy said that the campground had had some rain, but not the flooding going around in Mesa and Tucson.

After I talked to Sandy at Eagle View, I called Bobby Vodden at Kustom Coach Works in Junction City, Oregon. Bobby and his buddy Scott Adams had done the remodeling work on my desk a few years ago. They do great work and we would like to have them do some upgrading on our television system so that we can get DirectTV to install a recorder. I think we need another line to the satellite or something...

After I got that set up, I got a hold of Casey at Ulleman's RV in Chehalis, Washington for an appointment to get Auntie Violet's oil changed, her air conditioners serviced and her roof checked for leaks. All pretty minor stuff and we actually have an appointment. Usually, it seems we pull in with some kind of an emergent problem and they do their best to fit us in, usually working on the rig out in the parking lot!

Late this afternoon Forry emptied out the vacuum canister, then did some work on the stash in the small space between the bed and the wall. Looks like we may end up with enough stuff to make another trip to Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment