Friday, December 26, 2014

COLD!

It was COLD and crisp today! Forry says it got down to 27 degrees last night. I don't think it even got up to seventy during the day. I grabbed my heavy sweater as I went out the door for my walk early this afternoon and I was glad I had.

The TV forecast is for freezing temperatures in Phoenix tonight. And we saw several of our neighbors covering up their plants. Our neighbor went through quite a production. He pulled their pots under a table, then brought out several blankets to cover the table with. Then he went over to the edge of the road and carried several large rocks over to hold the blankets down. Those plants will be quite cozy!

I warmed up the leftovers I had brought home from our Christmas Eve dinner for supper tonight. With the last of the crab cocktail from yesterday, there was more than enough for both of us. I would sure like to know how they fixed the potatoes. They were in thin layers like you would do scalloped potatoes, but had an entirely different flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment