Saturday, December 13, 2014

The List Is Getting Shorter...

I keep whittling away at my list. It IS getting shorter!

The wind and rain the last week and last night have knocked all of dried leaves and blossoms off of the Palo Verde tree right outside our front door. We have our rug and chairs set out there in the shade. The rug has just been covered with debris from the tree. Forry was out yesterday and the day before sweeping it all up into a dustpan to put in the garbage. We tried shaking the rug, but the stuff sticks to it and doesn't shake off.

So today, I bought Forry an early Christmas present -- a blower. Hopefully, it will do the job a bit easier. It rained pretty hard again last night after midnight, so the rug was still wet when we got home. Then we had  a couple more heavy showers this afternoon, so he didn't get a chance to try it out.

We bought the Craftsman blower at the Ace Hardware store. I went into a store next door to see if they might have some Christmas cards (to put Christmas checks in). They didn't, but they had some absolutely darling baby clothes. I was able to find a few cute things for my new great-neice Peyton.

From there we went to Safeway where I found a good card selection. Back to the car then to put the checks in the cards, the cards in the Priority Mail envelopes that I had already addressed at home. On to the post office; got a Priority Mail envelope for the baby gift; then ran everything through the machine in the lobby. Daughter MM has turned me on to using the machines. Today, the line waiting for the counter clerks was almost out the door, while there was no one using the machine. By the time I finished my four packages, the line had hardly moved at all and I was out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment