Monday, December 1, 2014

Chicken Pot Pie

Two years ago when we were on the East Coast, I bought the best chicken pot pie at a little market in Maine. (We tried a couple of times after that to get another or several to freeze, but the lady that made them for the market took the week off...) I have ordered it a couple of times at various restaurants, but have yet to find one as good as the one we got in Maine.

There was a great deal of the chicken I roasted last night left over, so I thought I'd give it a try myself. I checked a couple of different recipes on-line, then checked what I had in the refrigerator. No white potatoes, but I had some sweet ones. I had some regular carrots as well as some yellow ones. Some sweet onions and  a few stalks of celery. I par-boiled the carrots and sweet potato; sauteed the onion and celery in some butter; added a cup or so of dark meat from the chicken as well as some flour to thicken it all. Just before I poured it all into the bottom crust, I threw in a handful of frozen peas, some salt, pepper and parsley flakes.


I sprinkled the top with some of Brother Pat's lime pepper blend and baked it for an hour or so. It was very good (and will make two meals for us), but I wish I would have had some rosemary. Still not as good as the one we had in Maine...

No comments:

Post a Comment