Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Beginning To Look Like...

Auntie Violet was not happy when we put out the luminaria, but hadn't yet put up her icicle lights. Forry got that done yesterday and now she's happy again.


One of the chores I had to do before the end of the year, was to make my annual distribution withdrawal from my Scottrade IRA. This is the deal where you have to withdraw a certain percent every year once you reach the age of 70 1/2 (or else it will be taxed at 50%). I printed off the necessary form at home, but we had to go into Scottsdale to the local Scottrade office to get it sent in.

From there we back-tracked to the Safeway store in Fountain Hill to restock Forry's supply of licorice. While we were there I noticed some good looking Dungeness crabs in the meat department. After I asked and found out they had arrived just today, I bought one for supper. Along with a fresh loaf of crunchy Italian bread, we had quite a feast.

Just around the corner from Safeway is a shop called You Need Nails that I had spotted last time we were there. I was able to walk-in for a long needed pedicure as well as a brow wax. I am a new woman.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing your daily adventures!

    ReplyDelete