Monday, December 15, 2014

The End of the List?

I'm not positively sure, but I am pretty sure that I have crossed off the last item on my list! At least on the list of things I had to get ordered or off in the mail. It was a whole different story at the Post Office in Fountain Hills this afternoon. The last couple of times I have been there, no one was using the automated machtine. Today there was a line! It was a short line, only five people, compared to the long line of people waiting to get to the counter. That line was out the door! People were pleasant and cheerful, holding doors and smiling. I think everyone had listened to the PSAs and ads about getting stuff in the mail today if you wanted it delivered by Christmas.

I have a few things I still want to do at home. I need to have Forry get the Christmas box out of the basement bay. I want to get the icicle lights out and put out on the front of the RV. They may not show as well this year as we are facing the outside of the park. But there are a lot of people who walk along the fence in front of us, so they will be seen by a few.

About nine-thirty last night as I was sitting reading, Forry hollered at me to come and see. He had been looking out the window and saw three coyotes walking down the road. About that time, a car drove fin and startled them. They ran into our yard area, past the luminaria, about three feet from Auntie Violet. Then took off and ran under the fence where we lost sight of them. Makes me worry a bit about the people with little dogs who let them run "off leash" on the other side of the fence as they "are no longer in the park having to follow the leash rules."

Today is my youngest sister Roxy's birthday. I've tried to call her a couple of times, but the first time she was out lunching with her lady friends and the second time I just got her recording. I think she's enjoying life since she retired after her thirty years of nursing. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment