Monday, June 22, 2015

A Very Busy Day

After our quiet weekend, today was very busy! The nurse from the Home Health Agency called a little after nine to set up an appointment and the Physical Therapist called a few minutes later. The Physical Therapist (not the one who was here last week doing the PT evaluation, a different one) went over the sitting exercises Forry did last week, then started on some standing ones. She was working on his balance and strengthening his calves. She also focused on straightening his back. Because it eased the constriction in his back, he has been walking somewhat stooped over. Now he has to relearn how to stand and walk straight.

Shortly after the PT left, the nurse showed up. She basically took his vital signs and checked his incisions. Everything is looking good, so she has basically signed off unless something else comes up. Forry was very tired after she left - he hasn't been anywhere near this active since his surgery.

I was busy this morning too. I emptied both the black and grey tanks, took out the garbage and the recyclables. Then I looked for Jace, the handyman/gardener, to tell him about the wasps who were busily building their nests in the eaves of the building next to us. Not liking the critters any better then I do, he very shortly showed up with some wasp spray to take care of them.

Needing a few things I didn't get when I was at Safeway a couple of days ago, I went over to Fred Meyer later this afternoon. I've only been there once several years ago, and I was impressed today. Their fresh fruit and vegetables were very nice AND they are also sort of a department store as well as a pharmacy. Sort of all in one place shopping. Since they are only a couple of blocks away, I may shop there more often. But one of the things I went after was paper towels. I bought and paid for them (they're on the sales slip), but they didn't come home with me. I know I took the empty cart over to the cart corral, so the only thing I can think is that they never got from the check stand to the cart...

No comments:

Post a Comment