Sunday, June 14, 2015

I Think It's Day 5...

And I'm tired. I came home for the night as I needed to do some laundry for Forry. But I can hardly keep my eyes open as I wait for the washer.

We had a quiet night. We both were asleep by 9 PM. Probably a good thing as the lab guy showed up at 2:30 AM. The cardiologist ordered a whole bunch of tests after he came by to examine Forry, trying to figure out why he was having the heart rate spikes. He's had chest and abdominal x-rays, another EKG, an echocardiogram and a bunch of labs, all to make sure he's not thrown a clot or had something happen to his heart.

But, in spite of everything going on, Forry was actually feeling better today. By the time the time the day ended, he was getting up and getting back to bed without help. We took several walks, trying to get rid of the gas. He's been drinking carbonated beverages for the same reason. (We should have Granddaughter Havela here to engage him in a belching contest...)

I ended up doing a bit of nursing care today, helping him shower, etc. I can admit I am definitely older than I was when I used to do that. I left for the night, giving him strict orders to have a quiet night. I don't want any surprises when I get there in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment