Saturday, June 13, 2015

Post Op Day 4

I swear, I am going to quit going home at night.  Although I did get a very good night's sleep - at least until about 3 AM when the cold front came through and I had to wake up enough to pull up the blanket!

When I got to the hospital about 9, I saw Forry by the practice stairs with the PT lady and was pleased to see that they were working on steps. When I got closer, I realized she was having a tizzy because Forry's pulse rate had gone up to over 150! They got him back to bed and it settled down, then spiked again. So they put a set of leads on him so they could monitor his heart rate via telemetry and asked for a cardiology consult.

Forry said he just wasn't feeling good. He didn't eat his breakfast or lunch. We did have a nice, but rather quick visit with Dennis and Katharine in the midst of all the commotion...

 The cardiologist came by in the late afternoon, talked with Forry about what was going on. He ordered a beta blocker to slow things down a bit, then a bunch of tests to check and make sure he hadn't thrown a clot.

He seems to be feeling better this evening, but I'm going to spend the night on the cot in his room...!

No comments:

Post a Comment