Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Each Day Is a Little Better

If there's a lesson in all of this, it has to do with patience. I am reminded of the tongue in cheek prayer we used to hear when our children were small, "Lord give me patience - and I need it right now!" I have to look back at last week to realize that Forry has made significant process in his recovery. Last night he actually slept in our bed instead of his recliner. That meant he has gained enough strength to sit up in the bed without having the arms of the chair for support.

We spent a bit of time this afternoon doing the exercises the physical therapist had prescribed. He grumbled at me a bit, but I reminded him how he had pushed me to do my exercises when I had my knee surgeries.

There is a taco truck, Patty's Taco Truck II, parked in a lot a couple of blocks further down Sprague Avenue from us. We've talked about checking it out a couple of times. Forry suggested tonight's dinner might be a good time. I suggested that maybe he could try going down the steps to outside and going for a ride in the car with me (sort of a dress rehearsal for our upcoming trip to the doctor on Thursday.).

He did it slowly, but he did it! And the tacos were very good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment