Friday, June 26, 2015

Another VERY Hot Day


It was another VERY hot day today. I was up early trying to get things done before it got too hot and before the Physical Therapist was supposed to get here at 10. Bed made, floor swept, garbage out, recyclables out, water in, tank emptied. Whew! It was already getting hot by 8 AM!

The therapist was a little late, but she had some more exercises for Forrest to try. I don't think she "gets" Forry's deadpan sense of humor. He can say things with a perfectly straight face. Even after knowing him for almost sixty years, I get taken in sometimes. He does everything she suggests to him, but not without grumbling. I looked for his "Grumpy" hat for him to wear while she was here, but it's out in the car. I think I'll make sure it's in the house when she comes next week...

Sister Sherry said that she was making chicken pasta salad with leftover chicken for supper. I had a couple of cans of chicken that I had bought for making soup, so took her idea and made a salad with it instead.

It's after nine o'clock and it's still 88 degrees outside. There are a few clouds around, so maybe it won't be as hot as they're predicting this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I think they are downgrading the heat. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol a grumpy hat?!

    ReplyDelete