Thursday, June 11, 2015

Post Op Day 2

Well, I guess I should have stayed last (though my bed felt good and I slept so well) night as Foory had a very bad night. Evidently, they just couldn't get ahead of the pain, and they gave him some pretty hefty doses of pain med. he got really loopy according to his nurse. He settled down after I got here this morning and basically slept most of the day. He managed to wake up enough to eat his lunch and dinner after I bribed him, telling him I would stay tonight.

PT did manage to get him up long enough to start learning how to go up and down the stairs and he sat up in the chair for about an hour. I went home about five and got him some clean clothes. I also brought the awning in on the RV as they are predicting strong winds tonight as a dry cold front moves through. It should be twenty degrees cooler tomorrow.

I picked up one of the new "buttery Jack's" on my way back to the hospital. It was actually a pretty good burger. I guess I'll get that cot pulled back out and get ready for bed. Let's hope Forry is able to get some sleep tonight and doesn't have his nights and days totally turned around!

No comments:

Post a Comment