Wednesday, December 25, 2013

And a Very Merry Christmas To All!

 

We welcomed Christmas Day either very early this morning as we stayed up until 2 AM or very late when we finally got up around nine this morning. I guess it's all in how you look at it! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra had two very different, very good musical programs last night and we watched both of them. We watched Christmas in New York which was a very energetic contemporary African American musical presentation.

We also watched the Christmas Mass from Rome. What a difference from last year with Pope Benedict so frail and this year with the new Pope Francis so energetic. His homily was excellent no matter what religious persuasion you might -- or might not -- be.

I had a wonderful bowl of Dungeness crab left over from our dinner last night. Combined with some lovely Chevre goat cheese, we had scrumptious omelets for brunch. I made toast with what was left of that loaf of bread from last night and we had another feast!

I have been tantalized by a large package from Sister Sherry. When we finally opened it, we found this pretty bird waterer:


I'm sure our feathered visitors are going to be enjoying it in this dry country. As I sat outside this afternoon (82 degrees) reading my book on my iPad, I could see the hummingbirds squabbling over the front feeder. We're thinking they may have a nest in the tree across the from Auntie Violet.

We had a chance to talk on the telephone with both of our daughters and the families and also with Son Sean today. Forry had a telephone chat with his brother-in-law Les. The one thing I do not like about our full-time RV status is missing family and friends on holidays.





No comments:

Post a Comment