Friday, December 13, 2013

Getting Ready...

I was trying to get the rest of our Christmas gifting taken care of today. I had picked up some cards yesterday while we were in town, but realized today I had forgotten one, so I guess I'll have to do some more shopping tomorrow.

We have been following the travels of our Granddaughter Havela as she flies home today from Hesston College via Wichita and Denver to Oregon. We were pretty concerned when we heard about the terrorist who was planning to set off a huge car bomb at the Wichita Airport today. Thank goodness our security people intercepted his internet ramblings and led him into thinking the FBI were sympathizers so that he ended up with a fake bomb.

Havela is in the air on her last leg from Denver to Portland. She'll be landing about 9 PM. Sure wish we were close enough to give her a big hug. She'll be at home for three weeks.

Forry got the fixed tire back on my tricycle this afternoon and we took turns going for rides around the park. I couldn't believe how I was huffing and puffing -- the trike has only been out of commission for a couple weeks. Didn't take long for me to get out of shape. I guess walking doesn't use the same muscles...


No comments:

Post a Comment