Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Getting Closer

I had to chuckle when I got up this morning and took a look at Facebook. The first five or six items I saw were all counting down the remaining days to Christmas in various fashions. One used a term I hadn't heard before. It said that it was the "Eve of Christmas Eve"... Christmas Eve Eve? Okay, I can handle that. Just goes to show that someone is always coming up with a different way of looking at things.

It was a beautiful day here at Eagle View today. When we went to get the mail -- I walked and Forry rode the trike -- it was shirtsleeve weather. The sun was out and there was a slight breeze. I took the long way home, walking along the back fence. There were several Christmas cards in the mail along with a package from our friend Mary.

Mary sent along some pickled beans she had made this summer along with a jar of ruby red plum jelly. I had a pot of stew simmering on the stove. The biscuits I made to go with the stew went well with that plum jelly! A nice way to end a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment