Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paperwork

Hmm, can you really call it paperwork if it's all done on the computer? I sat down this morning and filled out the paperwork for Scottrade on my computer, then printed it off and signed it so that Forry could mail it. So I guess there was actual paper done with that.

Then I went ahead and paid bills using computer BillPay from our Credit Union. I paid the bills for our vehicles and our health insurance, then I made our regular monthly donations -- all on the computer. I took care of a couple of ranch bills as well. Then I used Forry's cell phone to pay our AT&T bill and his American Express bill. Not a single piece of paper to be seen!

It brought my thoughts back to the conversation with Grandson Varick last night about all the changes we've seen over our lifetime. Even ten or twelve years ago, I would have been writing checks, addressing and sealing envelopes and putting stamps on them. Then they would have to go to the post office. We've always been leery about putting checks in the mail box, so it would mean a trip to the actual post office. Now, that was paperwork!

We've been living with the new living room shades for over a week now and I must admit, we are both really pleased with them. With the backing, they are pretty much light impermeable. It's very easy to both raise and let them down.

The predicted cold front is supposed to begin to hit here in southern Arizona sometime tonight. It's not supposed to get below freezing until tomorrow night, but we're going to bring my geranium plants inside tonight anyway just in case. It's been interesting to hear reports from around the country on Facebook about how cold it is. So far my Nephew Nick has had the coldest report of zero degrees in Pullman, Washington at the WSU campus. Brr!

No comments:

Post a Comment