Monday, December 9, 2013

Another Chilly Day

The sun was out and it felt good. But when you came out from the shelter of Auntie Violet -- like I did when I walked over to the office to get the mail -- the wind was cold! It got down to freezing again last night and it's supposed to do it again tonight. I'm getting a bit tired of bringing my plants in every night...

I haven't seen that woodpecker at the hummingbird feeder the last couple of days, but we've got several hummingbirds coming to drink. I can check how full the containers are now just by how much they weigh when I pick them up. So far, I've been refilling them every other day.

It was a bit busier day. I changed the bedsheets and washed the green set. My little Splendide washer/dryer works best if I make two loads out of the sheets and pillowcases. There's room for the whole set in the machine, but I just don't feel like it cleans well when it's that full.

I got a bit more ambitious and finally cleaned the bathroom, a job that I've been putting off. Then I dusted. I am always surprised how dusty things in the motorhome get. Though I should know better. Auntie Violet is nowhere near air-tight. You can put your hand along any of the slideouts and feel the cold. I use one of those Swiffer fluffy yellow dusters and the job really does go fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment