Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Break in the Heat

Today was an absolutely delightful day. The temperature didn't get much higher than the mid-eighties. The dusty air had cleared with the small amount of rain we had last night. It was just all around a very pleasant day.

We had thought about going into town to look for a hassock, but didn't really want to shop. So we left it for another day. I have been using a sturdy cardboard box from Costco that I put my dilapidated tussock on and it works just fine -- though it's not very pretty to look at.

Since we had also been talking about making a grocery store run, I decided it might be a good day to clean out the refrigerator. As far as favorite tasks go, cleaning the frig is awfully far down the list. I am always surprised how much room there is when I finish the job. I was glad to find my butter dish. It had up and disappeared a couple of weeks ago to my frustration. No wonder, it had slipped down behind one of the shelves. Then, of course, there are those little covered dishes of leftovers that have to spend several days in the frig before they can be guiltlessly thrown out.

It should be good sleeping tonight. It's already 74 degrees and the forecast predicts it will drop another ten degrees or so. Might even need to pull that light blanket up from the bottom of the bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment