Sunday, August 10, 2014

Strange Weather, Neighbors and Dogs

It was so nice and cool this morning. It stayed in the mid and high seventies until late in the afternoon, then the temperature started to climb. It's now almost 7:30 and it's still 86 degrees outside. The Mariners played at 1 PM today. It was most pleasant listening to the game -- especially since they won! And they took three of four games to win the series against Chicago.

It's supposed to be hot all this week again, in the high nineties. So while I was cool this morning I boiled some wagon wheel pasta and using the Dungeness crab I got at Costco yesterday, I made a large salad. There should be enough for a couple of evening meals without my having to cook again.

And what about the neighbors you ask? Well, I think my Southern Grandmother would have had a name for them. As there don't seem to be any staff driving around on Sunday, they have moved the pick-up they were asked to move yesterday, back onto the grass. At least six or seven of them smoke, so the whole area around their campsite is now littered with cigarette butts. I did have to laugh this morning. When I got up this morning, one of the guys sleeping on the air mattress had thrown off his blanket. Unfortunately, he was sleeping on his tummy...

We are at the end of a row and one of the campground dumpsters is just down the road from us. We've watched quite a parade of dogs and their owners. The dogs do their business, the owners pick it up in plastic bags, then head for the dumpster. Forry thinks we need a dog book like our bird books,  that would help us identify the breeds. There might be one of pure breds, but I doubt there is any book that would help us figure out some of the mixed breeds we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment