Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Accomplishing Small Things

I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and don't like dirt and disorder. I am also somewhat lazy. Sometimes those two tendencies run smack into each other. I can stand a certain amount of clutter and mess. But if the messiness hangs around too long, I tend to get cranky and irritable.

In another life, I would go on a cleaning binge when that happened. Now that I've gotten a bit older and quite a bit more decrepit, I can't do that any more. I just don't have the energy or the strength. So this summer, I've been trying the idea of just doing one small area at a time. It does work and I have gone about halfway through the motorhome. The major trouble with that is it means there is disorder in the portion of the motorhome that hasn't been done. And that makes me irritable. I have to learn to live with that!

Today's project was Forry's desire to get the canopy out of where it was jammed cross-wise into one of Auntie Violet's bays and into the carrier on top of Toad II. We had forgotten how heavy the thing is and were a little concerned about lifting it up to the top of the car. Fortunately, just as we were getting ready to try to lift it, our neighbor saw us and offered to help. She gave the back end a boost and into the carrier it went. We did some rearranging of the bay and were able to store some of the stuff that had been in the bedroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment