Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My "Super Moon" Shots

I was awake about 4:30 on Saturday morning and went out to look at the August Harvest Super Moon. It was already getting light outside, but the moon still dominated the night sky.


It surprised me that the moon was still so bright in the rapidly lighting sky --


I took this photo with the telephoto lens just a few minutes after the ones above. Note how dark the sky looks in this shot against the bright moon.



It's been a funny weather day today. We had a few rain drops this morning. They lasted just a few minutes, not even long enough to wet the ground. Then the clouds cleared away and the temperature went up into the nineties. Now this evening we have had wind gusts, a bit of dust and some rain. We can thunder rumbling in the distance all around us.

There was a really bad rolling dust storm (a haboob) in the Ritzville area. There are many pictures on Facebook of the rolling storm. I understand that I-90 is closed between Ritzville and Moses Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment